Sunday, January 31, 2010


World-class Wayne

Sir Alex Ferguson says a “world class” performance from Wayne Rooney was pivotal in United’s 3-1 win over Arsenal.

“Wayne was unbelievable. I think he was the key point for us in the sense Arsenal just couldn’t handle him,” praised the manager. "He was world class today, there’s absolutely no doubt. Every time when the ball went forward up the pitch towards him, we were on the attack. He turned the defenders so many times, it was a really top performance."Like chief executive David Gill, Sir Alex is determined to keep Rooney at Old Trafford – not that his future is even an issue for the United boss.“The boy’s very happy at the club, I know that, we’ve always known that," said Sir Alex.“He’s very popular among the players, he couldn’t be a better lad really. He’s a really down to earth boy. He’ll not change because that’s the way he is. "It’s refreshing in this day and age when there are so many celebrity footballers earning a lot of money. A lot of people change with success but I’m pleased to say he hasn’t.“I don’t know the situation (with Rooney’s new contract), I don’t involve myself in that but I’m sure David Gill’s working with Paul Stretford (Rooney’s representative). "Hopefully something does happen.”

Sir Alex Ferguson was talking to MUTV and Sky Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment